I have officially been engaged for for over four and a half months and, up until last week, I hadn't OFFICIALLY asked all my bridesmaids to be in my wedding yet!
I knew I wanted to do something cute and the most popular/cute thing that I've come across is the growingly popular bridesmaid box/proposal of sorts. After taking a look at a handful via pinterest and instagram, I put together one of my own for my four girls.
First, I had planned on going to my local craft store and buying and painting cigar boxes but when I saw these cute boxes at Target (they were a Valentine's day item), I thought they were too cute to pass up!
1. I stopped at my local home improvement store and picked up some paint swatches to show the girls the color scheme that I have dreamed up in my head. A pretty mix of peaches, mints and golds. (the gold glitter clothespin holding them all together was a Michael's find, their bargain bins are always a great place to find all sorts of goodies!)
2. At Michael's I also picked up a fun ribbon/twine/yarn collection, all in the family of colors of the wedding. I used them to tie up the adorable tote bags that I got them all. (See Below)
3. I got my craft on creating these gold glitter mini champagne bottles (and a mini Martinelli's for my pregnant bridesmaid-to-be). You can find a tutorial on how I did it here.
4. I put together a little informational packet for the girls explaining "Our Day", "Your Role", "My Girls" and "Your Dresses". I bound them all together with a little gold sparkle tape (Michael's).
5. I knew as soon as I saw these cards on etsy that I would be buying them. They were adorable and in JUST the right colors! (Both the tags and stickers used for the names were found in the Target dollar spot.)
6. Because it's me, I had to include an emergency sewing kit in the box. (They were another Michael's bargain spot find.)
7. For jotting down any wedding related notes or doodles, I inluded a notepad (Target dollar spot) and gold glitter pencil (Michael's bargain section).
8. Even though I already gave them the notepads, these gold foil notebooks (that were also a Target dollar spot find) were a must-have!
I had so much fun putting these boxes together for my girls! I plan on taking every chance that I have to do something fun and craft every step of the way for this wedding and clearly, asking my girls was no exception!
With that said, let me introduce you to my bridesmaids!
Matron of Honor (but we don’t like the word matron so let’s just stick with maid). I’ve known Danica since middle school. We were always friends but I’d say we really got the closest after college when we moved in together. We’ve been through a lot together; the good, the bad and the ugly and I couldn’t imagine this special day without her. Danica has been a classmate, a co-worker, a roommate, a friend, but most of all, I consider her a sister.
Stacy is my oldest friend. I met her even before I could read and write. After switching schools, we lost touch until reconnecting again in middle school and it was like no time had passed. I still remember all those sleepovers where we would plan our future lives and say we were going to have daughters at the same time and they were going to be best friends. Well, she’s on boy number two, so there’s still a chance! Haha. Stacy is the most level headed person I know and I’m so lucky that I’ve gotten to call her my friend, even after all these years.
It’s no secret, when I first met Stefana while working at Red Robin, I didn’t like her. But it’s only because she was so pretty and all the boys were drooling over her so really, my dislike for her was a compliment! Haha. In the almost ten years since knowing Stefana she has become one of my best friends. Stefana is a caring, nurturing, motherly type, but also the biggest kid I’ve ever known. I admire her wackiness and every so often, it rubs off on me.
Haley is my sorority sister and travel companion. She kept me sane during long recruitment meetings and the ever daunting Greek Week. We spent time as recruitment counselors together and even traveled down under! Haley and I always seem to be on the same wavelength with the same twisted sense of humor and love of nostalgic high school bands, we just get each other. I’m glad to have found a lifelong friend in a sorority sister.
I've known all of these girls for 10+ years now and I couldn't imagine saying I do without them. I'm so lucky that I get to share this journey with these wonderful women!