The Random Eleven
- Post these rules
- You must post 11 random things about yourself
- Answer the questions set for you in their post
- Tag 11 people (can't be the person who tagged you)
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag
- Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them!
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I'm a natural redhead and growing up I HATED it. Women would always tell me how lucky I was and how beautiful my hair was and how they spent years trying to achieve the color that I had. As soon as I was old enough I started coloring it and it wasn't until recently that I finally started to embrace it. Ginger power! Haha.
- I have a lot of weird OCD things that I do in my daily life. I eat small candies like M&M's and Tic-Tac's in even numbers only. When I pump my gas I have to make sure that the final digit in both the price amount and the gallon amount is an even number. I like things done perfectly or not at all. When turning up or down the volume it always has to land on an even number. I don't like odd numbers in general and yet my favorite number is 9. (I warned you it was weird)
- Because of my adoption (and the movie Parent Trap) I was absolutely positive that I had a twin sister who lived in England that I was going to meet at camp and so I spent most of my childhood practicing an English accent (which I have to admit, isn't too shabby).
- I admit that I am spoiled but I'm not a spoiled brat. To me, there is a huge difference. Being spoiled means that, yes you are well taken care of, and are blessed enough to get things that a lot of others don't. A spoiled brat on the other hand feels that they deserve the things they get. That being said, one Christmas, my brother and I got the most cliche spoiled kid gift ever. We actually got a pony. My grandparents live on a ranch so it's not that far fetched but, obviously, saying that always takes people aback.
- I am one of the girliest girls there is. My friend Danica always mentions it because she is more of a tomboy and whenever she embraces her girly side she usually says that she channeled me. However, growing up, I was a HUGE tomboy. Every day at recess I played kickball, soccer, dodgeball and war (an epic game of dodgeball). Team captains would choose me for their teams before they would choose most of the boys. Who knew that once puberty hit I would lose all athletic ability that I ever possessed.
- When I was little I rented the movie "My Girl" probably over 100 times. My mom would always take my brother and I to this little mom and pop movie rental and I would rent it EVERY time. My mom would always get so upset (she's the type that can only watch a movie one time). She would always say "You know every line in that movie, don't you want to get something different?". She could have saved a lot of money if she had just bought me the movie. Haha.
- I love maps. Haha. Typing that I feel like Brick from "Anchorman" ("I love lamp"). Maps fascinate me. When I was young my brother had an agent and we (he, my mom and I ) would always spend our evenings after school driving out to LA for auditions (and this was before mapquest and googlemaps) and I was always in charge of the Thomas Guide and getting us from point A to point B. I don't know if that's when my love of maps developed or if my love of maps was the reason I was put in charge but either way, I love them!
- I have a birthmark right above my right knee. Growing up I HATED it and was so embarrassed by it. When I look at it now I really don't understand why I hated it so much. It's really not that noticeable AND it's kind of cool! Something that makes me special :)
- It's no surprise that I love crafting. It is something that I have done since I was little. I would make (and sell) friendship bracelets out of embroidery floss or beads. I sewed my own scrunchies. I even took a sewing class through the city. Some people can play music, some can play sports, my thing is being crafty.
- Before I was adopted my birth mother had another daughter. Growing up I always wished I had an older sister because my mom and I weren't that close (we're so close now, as cliche as it sounds, she's one of my very best friends). Maybe one day I'll find her and will literally have the sister I never had.
- I have a crooked right pinky. It was something that I noticed several years back and at a family holiday function I brought it up and my grandma holds up her hands and sure enough... so does she! haha
- What’s your favorite article of clothing? Gosh this is hard. I don't think I have a favorite article of clothing. I almost ALWAYS wear a tank of some sort under everything I wear so I guess that's my favorite.
- Morning person or night owl? Hands down, night owl. Always have been, always will be (one reason I am SO scared to have kids)
- How many glasses of water do you drink a day? I try to get in the recommended 8 glasses. I have a Voss water bottle at home and at work. I try to fill it once in the morning, once in the afternoon and then once in the evening. I did the math and it is the recommended amount and an easy way to track it! (much easier than counting out 8 glasses)
- What is your biggest fear? I'm sure its caught somewhere between spiders and clowns. I have a pretty unhealthy fear of both. Probably because of the traumatizing time I watched the horror movie "It" as a kid.
- Starbucks or Coffee Bean? I'm not a big coffee person. The only reason I really drink it is to kill time at work haha. So I'm going to have to go with neither.
- What was the best gift you’ve ever gotten? Oh goodness, I've gotten some wonderful gifts over the years between my pony for Christmas, my Barbie car, my BMW for college graduation but I think that the best gifts have been the ones from the heart. Most recently for my birthday my friend Stefana gave me a gift that made me cry. We had gone to the fabric store for our stocking making party and under my breath I said "I really need to come back and buy some solids" because whenever I go to the fabric store I always buy the fun prints and forget that I need basic solids as well. She went back and got me a half a yard of EVERY solid fabric, new sewing scissors AND two new white and black threads. If you know anything about sewing you know how thoughtful this gift is. She had to go back. Fill her cart with every bolt of fabric and go get all of them cut. Such a thoughtful gift. It still makes me smile to think about.
- What is your favorite color? I love so many colors but as of right now my favorite is definitely somewhere between blue and green. Teal or Turquoise.
- Would you rather get a phone call every hour from a stranger or not have a cell phone for a year? Phone call every hour definitely. I couldn't go a day without a phone. Not something I'm proud of but it's a fact of life. Haha.
- MLB or NBA? MLB MLB MLB! Born and raised an Angel fan. There's nothing better than having a cold beer, a hot dog and cheering on the Angels. My dads company has had season tickets since before I was born and this season he's ALSO a partner for a suite. I can't even BEGIN to express just how excited I am for this. SO ready for baseball season! Go Angels!
- Do you use a daily planner? YES! I LOVE LOVE LOVE office supplies. Growing up, whenever I went to the grocery store with my mom, I didn't want to go to the candy aisle, or the toy aisle, I went straight to the "school supply aisle" as I called it. I love a new year and getting a new planner. I don't use mine as religiously as I once did (back when I had two jobs, was taking six classes, was in sorority and was on the Panhellenic council) but I still love having it :)
- What’s one thing on your ‘bucket list?’ After I graduated college I went on a life changing trip to Australia. It was incredible and one of the many incredible things that I did while I was there was snorkel the Great Barrier Reef. It was then that I said that I would love to experience the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. Now, some of these lists vary depending on who you talk to but I would love to see:
(If you don't do it, I really won't be offended)
- Do you have any tattoos? If so, what? If not, want any? What would it be?
- What is your favorite birthday memory?
- Broken any bones or gotten stitches? If so, how?
- What song would you say best describes you? Why?
- What is your go-to candy?
- What's your favorite job you've ever had?
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What is the first thing you would save in a fire?
- Where is your dream vacation spot?
- What is your vice?
- Who was your childhood celebrity "crush"?