Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Current "Beauty" Favs

I say "beauty" favs in quotes because I don't want to be misleading and insinuate that it will be a post full of fun make up, because it's definitely not. A few of the products are even kind of odd-ball but, nonetheless, here are the products I've currently been loving.
1// Not gunna lie, ever since I was a kid I've had issues with eczema and psoriasis. When I was a kid I had to put a medicated ointment on my hands before bed and wear socks on them. How sad is that. I pretty much grew out of it but I still find my scalp to be dry at times. I don't know if you've ever used T-Gel or T-Sal shampoo but it smells gross. I know it can be kind of embarrassing buying a "dandruff" shampoo or conditioner but head and shoulders has really stepped up their game. The product itself is good quality (although I still use my salon brand shampoo) and the fragrances like my favorite, green apple, are great. AND it controls flakes! 
2// I like to use this Burts Bee's citrus facial scrub about once a week. It's a great exfoliant and leaves your skin feeling SO nice and soft. HOWEVER... I don't know if its just me but... I HATE the smell. I literally hold my breath when I use is. A bit extreme I know but that shows you how good the product actually is that I'm still willing to use it, despite the smell. Haha. 
3// We spend so much time damaging our hair with washes and blow dryers, flat irons and curing irons. I decided to show my hair some love and start using a heat protectant and I've noticed less breakage since using it!
4// I'm so fickle when it comes to hairspray. First and foremost I have to like the smell. Then, it has to have a good hold but not look sticky or hard. I've been trying different hairsprays, never buying the same one twice, for as long as I can remember but this Tresemme one is my new regular hairspray. I really like it and who knows, maybe i'll even buy it twice! Haha. 
5// This one is a bit of a splurge but I'm currently loving my Nars duo with Orgasm blush and Laguna bronzer. 
6// I'm a mascara junkie. I can never get enough and I'm always looking for the next best one. I have found that, surprisingly, drugstore brands tend to be just as good, if not better, than the high end products. My latest lash love is Falsies by Maybelline. 
7// In the summertime (and winter for that matter) my lips tend to get dry. I recently bought some Carmex lip balm (recommended by my boyfriend actually) and I have started to put in on before bed every night and have noticed a significant difference in the dryness of my lips. 

So that was my somewhat random list of products I've currently been loving. What products have you had on repeat lately?

2 comments:

Chic Runner said...

I just got a Cover Girl BB cream and since I have spots on my face, I'm loving that it not only smooths out my skin but includes an SPF!

Unknown said...

I love Falsies too! I'm a total mascara junkie but I won't spend a fortune. I hear good things abuot some Benefit mascara but the price tag kills me. I need to start doing the carmex thing at night too especially with the weather change.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...